View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 10:08 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
lilyB2013
Orange Lily

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
One day it ocurred to me...I KNEW he was an active addict, why did I expect things to be different just because I found "proof". The real proof was in how he acted all the time, how he lied and stole and made up stories of where he had been.

It's like catching someone robbing a bank with a gun...and they say they just found the gun on the floor and picked it up with some note next to it. We KNEW they were robbing the bank when they walked in with a mask and a gun...further proof was not required.

What I finally learned was that all this detective work was making ME sick. It didn't change him but it made my stomach whirl and my hands shake and my head hurt.

So I stopped. He continued using, but I stopped the entrapment and instead found myself a meeting for me, about me, and to help me. That was my turning point. That was when I learned to take better care of me and heal.

Sometimes we are so drawn by their lies and drama that we forget to take care of ourselves. We become as sick as they are. But it doesn't have to be that way. There is hope, there is help for us. We just need to reach out and find it.

Hugs
Ah- I'm definitely in this little curve right here-- or at least, coming to grips with it. It seems like such an easy concept (he's using! He's lying!)-- but in practice, this is such a hard pill to swallow.

Does me finding him in the act change anything? No, it doesn't. Does me going through his things and find something change anything? No, not at all. Even if there is nothing to be found, the trust is gone.

But I agree, I can't be letting it crawl under my skin. This is exactly where I am right now. I don't want to just shrug it off like its unimportant, but I do need to let it go.