View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 05:46 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
DG0409

Day 5!!!

Well, I made in on to day 5!!

Yesterday was a success. It was my first night out in a social setting not drinking, but really no different from telling my bf 'no' to alcohol every other night. Although, he did offer twice last night: First a drink before the show we went to and then after the show telling me we should go out to the bar. I declined both. It's interesting in a way to see how much he expects me to drink because I think it shows how much I was drinking.

Yesterday, I noticed that the dark circles under my eyes had faded substantially. I look less haunted and tired and depressed. I woke-up early again for the second day in a row feeling way less groggy and tired than I used to.

My memory seems to be improving: I play drums and I have noticed it's become much easier to remember and learn beats. Although I still feel like I'm operating through a certain layer of brain fog. I feel like the fog is clearing!!

And I've quit sweating. I didn't wake up drenched in sweat once last night like the first few nights quitting. In fact, I used to be sweaty all the time- as soon as I'd put on a clean shirt, it would be drenched (gross!). That has stopped. I had no idea it was even due to all the drinking, but I have little doubt now.

It feels SO good to have 4 complete days with no drinking!!! They haven't exactly been pleasant, although I've tried to make the most of them... but I know it should get better from here on out. It's always so hard to start something, but once you're headed in that direction, it's easier to keep heading that way. Not that you can't change and lose the path or anything, but it is just nice to be on the right path.

So for today, I'll keep on, one step at a time.