View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 03:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Seren
Forum Leader

The things he says to me are deliberately hateful and hurtful and prey on every insecure thought and negative emotion I posses. He threatens to take our children from me and destroy my car and pushes every button I have. The last time we fought I was so angry from what he said I actually slapped him. I dont want to be like that and it just seems like the problem is getting worse. I had hoped that being a father again would wake him up a little since he had only a 2% chance of conceiving his own biological child. He always picks fights in front of my daughter and wont let me walk away when I try.
Is this really the sort of home environment you want for your children? Abuse comes in many forms, and it sounds as though you are on the receiving end of it. This post might be helpful for you.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...hat-abuse.html

I'm sorry to say that it seems as though he is not ready to stop drinking. I hope, for his sake, that he will decide to seek recovery in whatever form works best for him. I hope that in the meantime, you will do whatever you need to separate yourself from his abuse and protect your children. Please take good care!