View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 08:19 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  
BobbyZ

Thank you both for the kind welcome. I have been reading today in this thread to try to get to know some of the personalities on here. It seems to be a very interesting group!

The past two weeks have been very interesting, to say the least. I had a very hard time for about the first 5 days or so. I could not sleep very well and had night sweats and really crazy dreams. I also felt really out of it. I have not eaten well since I live by myself. I do have lots of friends, but as I mentioned, they are all heavy drinkers. They just never gave up the lifestyle of drinking from when we were young and I have been right there with them. I have avoided a lot of phone calls in the past couple of weeks for fear I would want to go out and drink. I feel much stronger but I don't think I need to be anywhere near it right now. I look forward to getting to know everyone. From my readings on here it seems there are many things that we all share. One thing I am NOT in denial about is that I am an alcoholic. I guess I just figured it was time that I gave myself the gift of sobriety. But I am scared. I have never been a sober adult. I still feel like a big kid in many ways. Thanks again. That is more than I have ever shared about my drinking ever. maybe I have found the right place. I hope so.
BobbyZ