Thread: Robby's Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 02:35 PM
  # 431 (permalink)  
fini

Trust me when I say I have done the full gambit of inappropriate behaviors. I've been angry and posted, I've over reacted, misread and mistook comments to be directed at me when they weren't. I've seriously tried to be helpful and my words have angered the very person I was trying to help. I'm talking really ticked off.

oh yeah, i trust you when you say this, LmM.
have had much the same experiences, and it's been great, though, to see that i don't react quite as badly and intensely as i used to in my very early sobriety. and so...entirely bloody reactive, taking EVERYTHING personally.
now, i only take a lot of things personally .
it's nice to see a progression in myself to more detachment/ less enmeshment. a real relief.
HRB, yes, i hear you on the effort to be unconcerned.

can't say i like the fact that i'm not simply bigger than that, floating unconcernedly above such mundane matters as others' approval.
HA!

The Thank You button shouldn't validate, but often times it does. What are you gonna do?

well, what i did is to simply NEVER use it. i know i would get sucked into using it to make decisions about "sides", or to let people know i "agree", and i'm just not going to go there. not grown up enough to trust myself with it .
such bizarre "power"

oops, too many smileys. so glad we had this little chat.