Thread: Robby's Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 10:44 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  
LosingmyMisery
Today's Muse

I know what you mean about the Thank You button. Should I or shouldn't I? Often times I don't Thank anyone even though I agree or get what they are saying. If I Thank one person I feel as if I should Thank everyone. Some days I don't Thank anyone. I guess it is a day by day matter of what kind of mood I'm in. In all, the Thank You button doesn't mean that much to me. I've read some really great posts offering great advice and insight and not one person has Thanked it and I wonder why. The Thank You button shouldn't validate, but often times it does. What are you gonna do?

I've been coming to recovery boards since 2004. Trust me when I say I have done the full gambit of inappropriate behaviors. I've been angry and posted, I've over reacted, misread and mistook comments to be directed at me when they weren't. I've seriously tried to be helpful and my words have angered the very person I was trying to help. I'm talking really ticked off. I've really pulled back on my posts and really don't post often. I come to connect by reading.

I know that people will do what they will do. People come here for help. Some are ready for it, some aren't. When I do share, I post about my experience and what worked for me. I try to make my point indirectly, tip toeing softly as not to offend. Now, I may not always be successful, but that is my intention.

I really thought twice about whether or not I should have posted yesterday. It is hard not to offend. I've had some really good intentions go South quickly and was left shaking my head wondering what happened? So, I understand where everyone is coming from. We want to be involved, help and state our opinion. We are, after all, only human and to err is human. With that, I'll keep coming back.