View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 09:04 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  
360shoes

Originally Posted by bepresent View Post
It felt really good to share because for so long I felt like a complete monster, hiding this shameful behaviour.
I'm glad you shared too BP. It does feel good. I can really relate to what you said. I fell in love with alcohol the minute our lips met. "Hello Lover, where you been all my life??" I didn't drink till I was in college so I was a late bloomer too. It's weird to me that alcohol was always "the one". I tried pretty much all the different substances out there at the time...everything short of a hypodermic needle..and thank god, back then if there was any meth or anything like that going around, I didn't hear or know about it. Still, not a one of the disco era drugs were my thing at all. Nothing was my thing except alcohol. We were made for each other. He was a taker....I was a giver.

I like how you used the past tense "felt" like a complete monster in your post. It's lifting isn't it? I don't feel like that big Loser is on my forehead anymore. A loser is just someone who has lost something. If I've lost anything, it wasn't anything that can't be replaced or even replaced with something better.

We are not monsters. We are not losers. We never were.

I'm finding that my liquid spine is actually turning into a real backbone. Some days I don't feel all that great and sometimes real life kinda of sucks but holy schnikeys, it sure as sh*t is better than what I had before.

Here's to another weekend! xxx and a couple of o's.