View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 08:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
whatsgoingon

How to Celebrate?!

Hey guys!

Quick update, totally sober since Sept 2012! Yeah! I now find being sober normal, I don't miss drink and I don't look for it. I'm still vigilant and I'm careful not to let my guard down but generally I rarely think about drinking anymore.

I have question for the long standing sober people.

How do you celebrate something really important to you?

The reason I ask is that I have something coming up that is likely to be one of the greatest moments in my entire life. I'm not going to say what it is just yet cos I may jinx it. If this 'thing' happens I'm going to want party like its 1999! This 'thing' is going to be a once in a lifetime occurrence! It will be as good passing all your exams, your team wining the FA Cup or Super Bowl and even as good as winning the lottery!

This will be the first time since I have been sober that an occasion like this is on the horizon. In years gone by I would have just gone on one hell of a bender which would have lasted all day and night. Those days are gone but I'm not ashamed to say I've had some amazing parties over the years and despite the booze they were a real blast! Obviously now my celebrations have to be different but I don't want it to be any less exciting, meaningful or amazing. I want to be fully part of the celebrations and not hiding in the background like some of my recent 'social' encounters.

So how can I do it? How can I celebrate, have a blast and be part totally part of the party without the booze?