View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 06:04 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
DG0409

Day 4

Well, I have made it to day 4!

It has been a LONG time since I made it 3 whole days without drinking. I'm not even sure how long it's been... I think it was back in July of 2011.

So, I am proud of myself for this!

It's hard not to notice it all the time... the nights without drinking are the worst, I feel like I don't know what to do with myself. It's strange to be bored after dinner and not drunk: I do a few chores before bed to keep myself busy. It's so different to clean up from dinner after dinner and not the next morning (or later the next day).

I have been focusing on trying to have good habits in place of the drinking. I've been really trying to focus on realizing when I'm hungry and eating something healthy then. I know I confused being hungry with wanting to drink a lot at the end and I'd just drink instead of eating when I should (lunch anyone?). In addition, I've been trying to drink lots of water (I refused to give up caffeine like they recommend... I love my coffee. No way I'm giving that up too, that would be torture. I feel a little guilty not being willing to try a strategy for success... but screw that one!). And I've been taking walks and doing some stretching and pushups the last 3 days. So, I feel good about taking care of my health in general.

I get this feeling of just not really feeling like doing anything quite a bit or what I 'feel' like doing is drinking, but that's not quite right either because I don't exactly want to drink, but it's like I feel like that is where I should be. Maybe like somebody who retired after working 50 years and they don't know what to do with all of their time off, they would feel like they should be working even if they don't want to be. It's like I have to think through what I'm going to do and how I'm going to handle each situation. And once I'm done with the task at hand I have to think 'What am I going to do now?' and then figure that out.