Thread: PM craxy making
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 03:51 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
kasie

Originally Posted by Lulu39 View Post

OMG YES!

My ex would drunkenly stumble to bed and then put the radio on LOUDLY. Insisting "I need the musssthic" or "I jus' can't get to sltheeep". I used to try to tell him that he was so drunk he needed nothing to sleep and that he would be asleep in 5 minutes which would result in him arguing about that and then storming off to drink and smoke pot some more.

I eventually learned to say nothing and wait just until he was comatose and switch the frigging radio off.

It is rather a PITA to be repeatedly woken up at 2am on a school night to deal with the demands of a drunk: "I WANT I WANT I WANT". "I NEED I NEED I NEED". "No-one understands me" No-body loves me" "I might as well kill myself". Some of that **** he said when he was awake but blacked out drunk. Other nights he would sleep talk garbage all night, until the alarm went off, so we could both go to work, yet he suddenly had a really bad flu and couldn't go to work and wanted everyone in the house to coddle him and feel sorry for him.

Those flus he used to get were sooooo bad that he would be drunk again by the time I got home from work. The alcohol helps to kill the bugs, apparently...and he wasn't drunk at all! Just "really, really tired because I work so hard and no-one appreciates what I do for this family."
Lulu39, I cannot believe the similarities, it's uncanny!!!

I always tried to turn off the TV once my A had fallen asleep (passed out), but as soon as I did he'd wake up...so by the end I was fully adept at sleeping with all the lights on, TV blaring and computer humming away. Funniest part of all was the fact that he didn't like having a fan on when it was boiling hot 'because it makes too much noise and I can't sleep'. Not sure how a blaring TV doesn't make noise, but anyways.

The 'I want I want I need' at 2am is insane! Followed by the pity talk. 'Nobody loves me, I'm a loser, I may as well die'. Once you hear it over and over again, it goes in one ear and out the other.

As for the flu - it was stomach trouble with my A. And the ONLY thing in the world that would 'settle my stomach' was a beer. No regard to the fact that that's probably what caused the upset stomach in the first place, but anyways.

While I can laugh about it (in some respects), it makes me sad. The alcohol affected his brain to the point of irrationality...