Thread: PM craxy making
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 02:30 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Lulu39

Originally Posted by kasie View Post

Then exABF would insist on playing with his laptop while in bed or putting the TV on in the background 'to help him sleep'. So I'd be left with the light glow and buzzing of different electrical appliances all night. And when I'd ask for them to be turned off, 'I didn't understand'.

Crazy crazy routine.
OMG YES!

My ex would drunkenly stumble to bed and then put the radio on LOUDLY. Insisting "I need the musssthic" or "I jus' can't get to sltheeep". I used to try to tell him that he was so drunk he needed nothing to sleep and that he would be asleep in 5 minutes which would result in him arguing about that and then storming off to drink and smoke pot some more.

I eventually learned to say nothing and wait just until he was comatose and switch the frigging radio off.

It is rather a PITA to be repeatedly woken up at 2am on a school night to deal with the demands of a drunk: "I WANT I WANT I WANT". "I NEED I NEED I NEED". "No-one understands me" No-body loves me" "I might as well kill myself". Some of that **** he said when he was awake but blacked out drunk. Other nights he would sleep talk garbage all night, until the alarm went off, so we could both go to work, yet he suddenly had a really bad flu and couldn't go to work and wanted everyone in the house to coddle him and feel sorry for him.

Those flus he used to get were sooooo bad that he would be drunk again by the time I got home from work. The alcohol helps to kill the bugs, apparently...and he wasn't drunk at all! Just "really, really tired because I work so hard and no-one appreciates what I do for this family."