Old 04-11-2013, 05:42 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
RDBplus3

To Boozy Blues and Soberknitter,
I apologize if I seemed to over-step my bounds. My intention was to point out that I was not successful at moderating. For me it was self-evident that trying to moderate just proved more that I was past the point of being a moderate drinker. Your journey is YOUR life BoozyBlues and I have no place or intention of preaching.

Once I realized I was past the point of being a 'Moderate' drinker, I came across the AVRT website and book, Rational Recovery. Jack Trimpey references the case of the Moderation Management founder, and for me it was very poignant. It may have no relevance in your situation BoozyBlues.

I also came across the Pleasure Unwoven video, and it shows the technical aspects of how active addiction affects brain functions. It helped me immensely to see what was actually happening in my brain.

Thank you Soberknitter for pointing out that I may have overstepped my bounds, and was sounding critical of BoozyBlues, or maybe just missed the mark in my response. Your response to deeker seemed a little overbearing though. She was only expressing her opinion that someone who successfully cuts back was probably not a 'true' alcoholic, and tried to make a distinction which supports the position that BoozyBlues may very well not have an Addiction problem. You are correct that 'Alcoholic' is an AA term for someone that is addicted to alcohol, and its counterpart term is also the name of this Forum, 'Alcoholism'. Plus, AA is not off topic in this forum.

BoozyBlues, I genuinely wish you the best in your journey. There are in fact many people who drink and never actually cross over into 'Addiction'.