View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 03:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
sideview

Thanks HopeSho and Jsober. Yeah it seemed fine when I was younger, especially college days, to just drink like crazy. It seemed everyone was doing it, though I know now that was probably just the groups I hung out with. Even within those groups I think some probably weren't getting completely smashed every night we went out, though I nearly always did.

Anyway tonight I went to my first social occasion since I've made my decision. I didn't drink and didn't really miss it but then again it wasn't what I would call a particularly dangerous one for binge drinking. In saying that I did politely refuse to join a group having a few beers that will probably escalate into a drinking session. I'm not ready yet to sit and join a group like that drinking cokes. Also coming home I came across a girl being mugged. I wasn't able to save her bag being robbed but at least being sober was able to help her out a little and offer a decent description to the police. So there are benefits to being sober I think

I can't say I wasn't a little jealous of the people having a drink tonight but I was happy in myself and even managed a few words with some different people at the event.
Meeting people and having fun is a worry I have without the drink as I'm quite shy and did really rely on it to mix well with others when out. I'm going to work on that though.
That's it for now, onwards and upwards.