View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 10:38 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
360shoes

On the eve of day 41 closing...thanks for the reminder BP!....I remembered about 6 months ago I had some dental work done and my dentist gave me that nasty antibiotic that can work like Antabuse in a small percentage of people. 10 days of that and after 10 days I was suppose to wait an additional 3 days. Meaning in theory 13 days of no alcohol. I couldn't make it 2 freakin days! I said to hell with that and stopped taking it. Totally could not even imagine lasting 13 days. Couldn't have done it. I'm amazed at how the time is kind of flying by now. First 2 weeks were hell. 3rd improved. 4th was easier not drinking but sometimes hard dealing with the reality of no where to run. But each time I have reality kick me in the butt, I've handled it. Not always well but I still did it and I'm getting better at doing it. Or actually I'm just figuring out it really isn't so bad being a grown up after all. It's manageable. Feeling pretty good here. Still have a handful of life problems to get through but I'm not too worried. It will be whatever it is suppose to be and there will always be a handful to deal with. In the last 41 days I have not had one day of shame or self loathing. Wasnt all joy plenty of it sucked but it has been all worth it. In retrospect, I would have volunteered to take on worse to receive what I'm feeling today. Time goes on.
Happy sober whatever day you have