View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 10:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
BlueSkies1

What a dream. No symbolism needed.

What I found very freeing is that nobody breaks my heart. I can choose to react with a broken heart, or choose something else, like looking at the situation, accepting another's view, and then listening to it and actually being heard in return.
As backwards as that may sound, I realized it was me who breaks my heart--by reacting in that way.
Like letting go of a dream...letting go of the fantasy, and accepting the reality.
I chose something else after a long time of feeling that somebody else was breaking my heart. Nobody has that power actually, but me.
I chose to accept the reality. Things instantly improved. Far from perfect, but improved. Communication is so much more possible when we aren't hanging something over somebody's head, that we think they are guilty of. Then we could talk about the situation, instead of who is guilty, who is innocent, who is right, who is wrong. Things become more negotiable. Other outcomes present themselves. The battle of wills ended, and we could find a happy medium--not overnight, not without setbacks, not without some reactionary behaviors or accusations sneaking in. Progress though.
One person of the partnership gives a little, and suddenly the other is willing to give a little too.
I simply think you don't want to leave him. So how can you two work together? How can you both be more understanding of each other's positions? Put down the swords and stop the battle of wills? A little more give and take on both sides? I only suggest this is the route because you want to stay. I get that. So then you take a good look at who he really is, and thank him for his strong points. Then he might be more willing to listen to his shortcomings, and thank you for your strong points too.