View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 04:38 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
jague

I know exactly how you feel, I was so tired of it too, I kept thinking and wanting to stop drinking for at least 2 years, I read once that if you have a drinking problem unless you quit it will only get worse with time, that stuck with me, and finally I saw for myself the truth in that statement. Then I read in a post someone said something like, what will I do for fun if I don't drink, and the response someone gave really opened my mind up, someone replied, Fun??? you call not knowing for sure how you got home, if you did something stupid, hurt someone's feelings, made a fool out of yourself, had unplanned sex with someone you hardly know, look like a wreck, banged up your body somehow, Feel like crap the next day, and wonder if you should avoid anyone FUN????? REALLY???? Take it one day at a time, whenever I get the feeling I might possibly have a drink, I think about how in a few short hours this day will be over and the urge will be gone....and I will be very happy the next day to know I made a very good choice, I feel bright, rested, and good about myself. Not to be preachy, but it also helps me to acknowledge the devil would love nothing more than for me to fail, he loves taking all the happiness out of your life...You have so much to live for and enjoying it free of any chains or anything that drains you of happiness is NOT WORTH IT...Best of luck to you, I will keep you in my prayers. God ultimately helped me to help myself, and I will be eternally grateful...Now that he gave me sobriety, I don't want to disappoint him...Hang in there...enjoy life and pray...