View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 03:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Nonsensical
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
As far as this:Per AVRT (important preface), any thought, in words or images, that suggests (even remotely) the use of alcohol now or in the future is AV....so, according to AVRT, it's always AV, never you.
I don't see how wishing I wasn't an alcoholic suggests future use of alcohol. I wish I could throw a football like Payton Manning. This does not remotely suggest that I am about to quit my job and try out for the NFL. I might see a hot chick holding a beer, and think 'she's hot'. I don't see this as suggesting either future drinking or infidelity.

It's really just an academic exercise, in my opinion. I don't mind those. It was suggested to me that it was important to know some thoughts I found reasonably harmless were coming from my beast and I should be aware of it. Just exploring the concept.

Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
Weird analogy, but you know how you check out some leftovers in the fridge and stand there for a min like...."hmmmm, I wonder if these are still good...." It's not even worth knowing the answer because finding the answer would involve unnecessary risk. Even a remote possibility and it gets tossed. It's just easier that way.
This makes sense. I was also thinking of a surgeon removing a lump. She might have to scrape a little healthy tissue away with the tumor just to be certain.