View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 02:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MamaKit

My proposal to STBAXH re children

Hi all,
I'm coming here to pre-emptively seek strength for the reaction that my STBAXH will have when he receives my counter proposal in the divorce with regard to contact with the children.
It's your standard every other weekend/one-day per week, alternating holidays starting point - but with NO overnights. (no alcohol etc...) If he seeks substance abuse counseling/AA and shows he's attending and following the plan, the proposal will allow for overnights after 6 months. Primary residence would be with me and decision making would be shared but allocating me final say.

The plan is very prescribed, which is what I want. I'm willing to be flexible if things are going well ....but I want a structure to fall back on because he can be such a bully.

(My previous thread talked about his proposal - demand is more apt. It was ridiculous. And you all helped me so much.)

Before I give my attorney the ok to send it off to him, I need to mentally prepare for what will likely be a strong negative reaction. I know in my head this is the right proposal. But I'm overly anxious about his response and feeling like a big baby!

I'm hoping you all can bolster me.
Thanks and hugs
MamaKit