Old 04-08-2013, 01:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
GWillikers

"Four Questions About My Addiction" Worksheet

Hello,

I'm filling out a SMART worksheet and would like some advice. it is the "Four Questions About My Addiction; Using the Cost-Benefit Analysis Tool". I think it's more for self reflection than writing out, but I'm a bit stumped nonetheless.

Question one was to list what I enjoy about my addiction. It pains me to admit this, but my most recent addiction is now crack cocaine (four months, twice a week), and the enjoyment is a rush of pleasure. (I know it's not healthy to hate yourself something you've done, but I am quite ashamed that I let myself get involved with that crap.)

The second part of the question was to ind alternative ways of achieving the same goals. When the goal is to achieve what feels like physical pleasure, what alternative ways should I be suggesting to myself?

I came up with exercise, food, sex, love and personal achievement because they all have physical sensations associated with them. I really hope that pumping my brain full of dopamine hasn't introduced me to a high that is irreplaceable!

Any suggestions as to how I should approach this? I feel like I opened Pandora's Box and screwed myself over (even though my rational brain believes that there MUST be some way out of this mess).

Thanks folks. I'm very grateful for your thoughts.

G-