Old 04-07-2013, 02:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
flyonthewall

Arrow I want to start over. How did it get so bad??

So, today I have decided to join and post here. I guess I'm an alcoholic. A few people in my family have died from liver diseases. And I think 3 living members of my family stopped drinking or reduced it.

I'm joining today because I drank too much last night. While I was babysitting someone's baby. The baby was asleep, and apparently so was I. They had to shake me really hard just to get me to wake up. Then I puked on their couch and in their bathroom. Disgusting. Then apparently I was totally drunk and acting like an idiot and screaming. This is the worst thing I have ever done in my life. The most irresponsible, uncool, grossest thing I have ever done. Then on the way home I was acting like a complete fool and abusing my husband both verbally and physically.

And guess what? I don't remember a thing. I have NO memory of it. I drank two glasses of wine, didn't eat dinner, and then the next thing I remember is waking up this morning. My husband told me the whole story. I don't remember talking to the parents when they got home, nothing.

My husband and I were supposed to go out with friends after I babysat, and we went home instead because I was so wasted.

I woke up this morning to the news that I got crazy drunk while babysitting last night. I cried allllll day today. I wrote the mom an email to which she has not responded, telling her how sorry and remorseful I am. And that I'm getting help.

This is me getting help. The parents are also coworkers AND friends that we see on a regular basis... how can I mend this relationship???

If I'm hungover today, does tomorrow technically start my sobriety or does today count? I didn't have a drink today.