View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 05:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
shippingup

Day 1 complete- 24 hours without a drink

11 p.m. Sunday night. Wow. This is going to take some patience and I am going to need to visit this website every day. I am quitting on my own- no rehab, no close support...I was up to 2 x bottles of red wine (plus) per night...at 37 years old this is too much. Drinking for 20 years- I think that I've given alcohol enough of my time. This has to be the quit attempt that works. I need both the medication, and this support site, or I will "forget" how miserable I have become and backslide to the bottle shop. I can't wake up and bumble through another hung over, sweaty, sorry day. I can't handle the constant depression and regret that is the unwelcome side effect of drinking alcohol every night. I have campral to take (2x big tablets, three times a day), which will I hope curb the 4 p.m.- 8p.m. daily massive cravings. I hope that with this medicine and proper meals, plenty of water I will be able to succeed this time. As to be expected, right now I am sweating profusely, agitated and nervous. Food tastes like cardboard. I can barely concentrate. It took me four hours to figure out how to join this group and log in as my mind just cuts out- just wants "something- RIGHT NOW!"- that "something" is a big swig of any kind of alcohol I can find...I finished it last night and cannot, will not set foot near a place that sells alcohol. Wish me luck- this is going to be a long few days I can see.