View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 08:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
ArcticSA

You sound alot like I did. I am also a mother and wife and I was drinking way too much spending roughly the same amount as you and I put on 40 pounds from drinking withing a couple years.
I really felt like total crap all the time and things were getting out of control.
I know how you feel and I am so excited for you!
The first 2 weeks were the hardest for me so its good you have until then to get straightened out, and your going need EVERY DAY of that 2 weeks to clear up, so NO SLIPS!! Understand!?!?!
Im guessing youre husband doesnt drink? That is wonderful. Its a really amazing thing to have your other half supporting you.
Oh and for a little more added incentive to you, I lost 17 pounds in 6 weeks from quitting....

Its going to be an amazing thing to be sober and present for the vacation. I dont know the severity of your drinking, but I know for myself, I didnt truly know how much it was affecting my life until I was sober again. Its like I have rediscovered my children. I mean, I knew they were amazing, but know that Im sober I can truly, truly, truly appreciate them and spending time with them without being hungover and my mind is blown.

We are sooooooo blessed to be Mothers. It is the most spectacular gift in the world. And we are privileged. And they deserve to have sober, present Mothers.

By choosing to get sober you are doing the best thing for them possible, so God bless you!

Stay strong and keep posting here, PM me if you want, its nice to vent when you are getting so stressed and thinking about alcohol.