View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 10:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Womble76

Rediscovering my feminine side

12 days without alcohol...

This one has come as a bit of a surprise to me. I've spent years thinking I looked ok enough and I wasn't bothered that I wasn't as polished as a could have been. I thought I didn't care.

Apparently me without alcohol is actually quite high maintenance. I didn't realise until this morning that I'm not wearing mostly black anymore, I like to be in colour (I did a wardrobe spring clean at the weekend). Clothes come out of the wardrobe, not the floor / chairs and I won't go out of the house if my hair isn't clean and shiny. My nails are neatly manicured and lipstick is in my handbag so I can touch up when I'm out. My car is rubbish free and waxed beautifully. I haven't even gone two weeks yet so who knows what I'll be like after a couple of months!

I'm also starting to think about dating. Before I didn't think I had much to offer / wasn't fussed but actually now I think that with a bit more time and patience someone would be lucky to have me. I like that feeling.

I have a lot more confidence at work and what bothered me (enough to use as an excuse for drinking) before really doesn't now. One of my team walked out today and I'm happy about it, I might be lucky enough to replace him with a recovering alcoholic, from this site I've had nothing but kindness, I'd be lucky to have one of you.

Ramble over!