View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 06:17 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  
Viperidae

Andy Defresne, Weight, Tempted, and pain

Getting busy living or get busy dying. Everytime I heard that line with a bottle of wine in my hand, I was like, 'what the heck am I doing??!!' Darn good line. And I will meet up with Defresne in Mexico in 6 months if I play my cards right. I have a ticket in my pocket be wherever I decide to be, we all do!

I also would like to lose a few pounds. At 37 I was a nice 5'7 and 148 pounds. Now I'm 43 and 182 pounds. My face is kinda fat, and I don't even try to wear my punk rocker clothes anymore, I just wear what doesn't look bad. More importantly, I am horribly out of shape. SO, today I got a membership at the gym . The downtown Y 3 blocks from me is nice and I'm broke so I get a cheap rate. I hope I actually go.

Also, I find that when I quit drinking my appetite drops dramatically after a few weeks. When I'm drinking I constantly crave carbs and grease. I crave healthier foods after a short time, and realize how terrible I feel after french fries or pizza.

Of course today on Day 2 again, I just devoured a pizza and if some ice cream and cookies stop me from drinking tonight, I will eat them.

Tonight I cruised the bar. As in at 5pm, I parked the car, walked in, cased the place out, and left. Just barely scraped by. But I made it.

Pain: My back feels like piano wires that have been cranked by the Incredible Hulk.

Emotional pain and abuse later...