Thread: Wow drunk dream
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 09:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Odelle

I am pushing 60 days sober and I have only had one of the infamous “drunk dreams” during my first week of abstinence. I dreamt that I was at work sitting at my desk, looked down and realized that I was in my bathrobe, hair pinned up, no makeup, no shoes, and nothing on under the bathrobe. I was horrified! I tried to make my way out of the office without being seen, to no avail. People were looking and whispering and I was dying of embarrassment. When I made my way to the parking lot, keys in hand, I was in the parking lot of a job I worked at many years ago, people everywhere with looks of disgust on their faces as I frantically searched for my car. When I realized I couldn’t find my car (I didn’t even know how I had gotten there), I didn’t have my purse, so no phone! I woke up feeling so stressed out, ashamed, embarrassed, you name it! I thanked God that was a dream.

I have always wondered about dream interpretations but this was very apparent. All the years of binge drinking, leading up to daily drinking while trying to keep up the appearance of “having it together” must have been festering in my subconscious mind, as I was exposed for all to see! I am so glad that this will never become a reality (or a premonition). That was a very dark and lonely hole that I never want to visit again!