View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 04:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
happytobehere57

detaching

Originally Posted by wildhorses View Post
Ok so I have posted once before about how I am not sure if my husband is an alcoholic or not but whatever, doesn't matter. He came home from work drunk tonight, like he has so many times before. It's been a while since this has happened and I am just SO sick to my stomach. (grew up with a very alcoholic dad so I just get all these bad and sick feelings when I see my husband drunk).
My hands are shaky and I feel nauseous. How am I supposed to "detach" and not be so affected by this? I want to leave but I can't right now, so I just have to stay and figure it out.

I really really hate this feeling. I feel like crying, puking, and then going to kick his a**. He knows it makes me feel like this too.

I was unable to detach from my AXBF while I was living with him unfortunately so I understand how you feel. I ended up leaving finally and getting my own apartment, and it was VERY difficult. Now it's been 2 1/2 months since I left and only now have I been able to let go of the anger. I still have extreme sadness from time to time, and I miss him. He is trying now to get sober, and he got his silver chip a week ago. I am proud of him making it this far because previous attempts did not stick.

How to detach while in same living quarters? I wish I knew. Thats why I'm here. I hope you can find peace here like I expect I will.

Take care!