View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 01:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Aunore

Making a Fighting Attempt

I've been creeping this site for the last couple of months, looking for inspiration to begin a new life clean of alcohol.

I've been drinking everyday for the last 3 years, living the typical functional alcoholic life: Go home, down a few bottles of wine or a case of beer, pass out, go to work, repeat. I work a physical job and the fatigue I've been experiencing in the morning is starting to affect my job performance.

I've been using alcohol for so long as a crutch for anxiety and as a sleep aid, the last 3 days haven't exactly been pleasant towards me. Nightmares, insomnia, irritability in general, you name it. I keep trying to look forward and think that sobriety is something worth fighting for considering getting hammered every night hasn't gotten me anywhere nor has it affected the people I care about positively.

Everyone I converse to about the subject doesn't seem to really understand what I'm talking about. They don't understand whats so hard in just not drinking anymore. They think its so easy to just forget about alcohol forever but really, for some people, its just not a possibility.