Old 04-03-2013, 02:18 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
JohnYEC

Originally Posted by Cc77 View Post
Hi John, if you truly believe that you are an alcoholic, sorry but there is no way to drink in a strict manner for long. I was clean for 3 yrs. I started dating a man who drank everyday. I've never seen him drunk, but everything we did involved drinking. I 'tried' to be a social drinker. I lasted 6 months without having a drink! I thought 'surely' I must be cured! Needless to say I was wrong. For the last two months of our 10 month relationship I drank everyday and I couldn't stop. I was hiding it from him and he broke up with me because of my bizzarre behavior in the evenings. I ended going to rehab for 10'days and he wants nothing to do with me because he is scared to be responsible for a relapse.. He was a good man, someone I thought that I would marry, and I screwed it ALL up with my drinking. Now I have to stay sober( which I am he'll bent on) and deal with a shattered heart caused by MY DRINKING!!! Please don't lose anything that you don't have to due to alcohol. It's not a good feeling at all. This will be the hardest thing for me to get over. I hope that my story will help you to make a decision that could save you a lot of heartache. I just care!!!
I was afraid of that. I know in my heart that you are right. I have tried drinking in moderation as well, and I have had some success, but like you said, only for a while. I just went 3 days without a drink, but I caved yesterday...and today. Anyways, I am thankful for what you have shared. The only reason I even quit for 3 days is because of this forum. I need to visit more often. I also need to get into an AA group or something. I have been talking to an old friend on facebook (we have become very close, and have even talked about marriage), and she is coming to visit in August, and I do not want to f*** things up by being a drunk slob. If I'm gonna f*** things up, I want to do it sober!