View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 01:26 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
soberfish417

i was a opiate user, and drank. in my opinion alcohol is a drug. if you get clean you have to quit everything. if you drink only eventually it will take you back to the drugs. it always does lol its like changing seats on the titanic! I hit rock bottom and im ten months sober. I went through a treatment center tho and yes they gave me saboxone but its how you take it. i have it given to me everyday (4mg once a day) and i dont abuse it. also i am tapering off of it, you cant make a addict do anything treadingwater. im telling you that as a recovering terrible addict and alcoholic. bruises last about a month at most and i hate to tell you this but he is lying to you. Its time for you to put your foot down. School is no longer a option for him as you pay for it, money, a roof over his head, all gone. If he wants to leave, let him but he moves out first. thats what it takes to hit rock bottom and your have to be stern in the right way. he needs to hit that point where he gives up and says yes help me. This is not going to be easy as nothing in life is but he is lucky to have good parents to support him.. i had to pay for rehab out of my pocket lol shoot..... :-/
ive also delt with a addict that went to a rehab, didnt get what she wanted and left saying the same thing.The min it gets hard they give up... its how we are... if you give in they loose..... stay strong and feel free to message me if any questions