View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 10:38 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
LoveMeNow
Getting there!!

Today was day 8. Love is not jealous!

Fortunately, neither my husband or I have ever really been jealous of other people. But it also talked about being jealous of each other and our accomplishments.

The dare was ....We had to acknowledge and share how glad we are about a success we recently enjoyed. (be a cheerleader for your spouse). Now, I really thought we would both acknowledge each other for recovery efforts but surprisingly neither one of us did.

It was interesting and pretty cool to realize my husband noticed things about me that I probably hadn't even noticed. He then shared that he admired and always "envied" how people seem to light up when they see me. He said he really noticed it at Easter Sundays service. Funny thing.....is I never noticed it.

Strange, how others can see positives about our personal qualities and lives that we so take for granted or are too blind to see.

Yesterday, we had to make a list of positive and negative qualities about each other but not to share with each other. I was kind of shocked to acknowledge so many of his positive qualities that I had long forgotten. Later, we bothed laughed at how writing the negatives came so much easier to list.

Of course, addiction changes so much in a relationship but I also think life conditions many of us to be more negative until we realize it and change it.

Great marriage or not, I highly recommend this book! It really bring awareness about ourselves as well.