Thread: Sucess stories
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 04:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Well, there are many double winners here who are a success in action, having fought the battle from both sides and come out sober and sane.

And a few forums up there are many success stories, people with 1 year, 5 years, 10 years and more.

Mine is a different kind of success story. My addicted loved one, my son, is still lost out there somewhere doing what addicts do, and has been missing over 8 years now. The success story is mine, I overcame living in fear 24 hours a day seven days a week, I overcame the obsession to try to save what was not mine to save and to fix what was not mine to fix. His addiction almost killed me, I am certain of that.

By the grace of God, and the grace of my live meetings and everyone here at SoberRecovery, I found peace and acceptance and learned to turn my son's care over to God each morning...then live my life as it was intended to be lived, finding joy and beauty in every single day.

I am the success in my story, I overcame obstacles and pain that no mama should ever have to encounter, I overcame darkness so deep that I could not find the light again, I overcame wanting to die and today I embrace each day and find happiness even on the bad days.

That's success. That's what our recovery is all about.

Hugs