Old 04-01-2013, 07:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
LoveMeNow
Getting there!!

Lily, I grew up around extremely wealthy people. They were my next door neighbors yet we were not in the same economic class , not even close. They took elaborate ski vacations, trips to Europe, had summer vacation homes, expensive sport cars for each kid, etc, etc. There were 6 families surrounding my home. 45 cousins in all, most of them were my close friends depending on the age. We had some awesome neighborhood fun, lol.

Trust me when I tell you the dysfunction was rampant, but tried to be kept as the "family secrets". Addiction was in every generation throughout the family tree. One expensive rehab after another and too many young, senseless deaths!

Money does not buy happiness, recovery or even healthiness. I still keep in touch with some of my childhood friends, one in particular. Sometimes, as adults, we share our family secrets. I thought her family life was almost perfect yet she envied mine. Neither one was remotely close to perfect.

Just keep being true to yourself and your core values. It's not about where we came from, it's about who we are that counts. There is a reason God didn't chose the wealthy or powerful to teach his message. Look at who HE chose!