Thread: Domino's thread
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 12:20 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
SoberKnitter

I'm new at this, but I'll give it a try...

Originally Posted by Dominorose View Post
I'm lying in bed right now, trying to take a nap bc it seems to be the only way to stop thinking about food (you can replace food by your drug of choice I presume it's the same)...
I think it's your AV that's yapping about food. Thoughts of drinking run through my head an awful lot, but it's not me thinking about it, because it's involuntary. That's how I know it's the beast. So I just notice the thoughts, recognize that it's my AV, and pay them no mind. They are annoying and somewhat distracting, but I don't feed them with my attention. Sometimes I even laugh at how stupid the thoughts are.

I'm on day one since I made my Big Plan and commited to it for real, and I feel depressed bc of the "loss". I'm hanging in the house with no motivation to no anything, thinking about eating all the time... I think that's not AVRT at all so I need help.
You haven't lost anything but misery. I also get what I call waves of sadness, but they are just part of the deal for now. They can't make me drink. Again, you aren't thinking about eating - that's your AV. Recognize it as such and ignore it or laugh at it. It's a tricky bugger, so it will scream, yell, manipulate your emotions and show you images of food, but it can't make you binge.

I try to resist this depression feeling but it doesn't change anything. I know it is my Beast trying to convince me life without bulimia is a sh*t, but knowing it doesn't get the lazyness and "sadness" away...
Lethargy and sadness are just more tricks. Resisting won't work. No feeling can make you binge; your beast will figure that out. Everyone gets depressed and lazy sometimes.

In my humble opinion, you're still confusing your thoughts and feelings with the beast's. You want to eat when you are hungry and stop when you are full. Any desires to do otherwise should be articulated as its desires. For example, I will never say that I am dying for a drink - something I used to say all the time. Now I say that the beast is dying for a drink, to which I answer, "go ahead."