Thread: Thoughts?
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 12:08 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Ilovemysonjj

Hello, my AS is in jail (third time!) and his case is proceeding to a preliminary trial. His current charges are under the influence of controlled substance and theft, normally both are misdemeanors but due to the burglary on his record (when he stole from us in 2012) the DA is pressing hard. I have told him that if my testimony would help him to get out and go to rehab, I would do that. Our situation is such that his previous two crimes are both out of stealing from us, not from stores or other people. At this point for my son, jail isn't doing any good. He MUST find his way in the real world. It is totally up to him when he gets out and my extent of support is a ride to rehab and a kiss and hug while wishing him the best. I would help him get out but only to allow him the chance to choose rehab. Now this will be his third attempt to seek help (second one was a total bust). All I know is I will never give up HOPE and I will learn from the mistakes and past we have made trying to control him and the outcome.