View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 11:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
noanxtime

Paddler - if you can, see a Dr and be very honest about your drinking. While the best outcome of not drinking is your stomach and digestive system going back to normal, some of the symptoms you describe are very similar to ones my Dr asked me about in November when I came clean about how much I drink -er drank (that still sounds and feels good!). He was leaning more toward liver issues as opposed to digestive tract stuff going on, but your symptoms could be similar, especially if you are prone to having a sensitive system anyways drinking or not.
My liver labs came back 3X worse than 'normal' and that was the day I stopped 11/13/12 (as did my husband in support and of course his liver - after his labs were done too, is just peachy, but he still does not drink).
This sounds stupid to me now, but I was not aware that ones liver sits fairly high up in the body on the right side, kind of behind the lungs. While I never had pain there, I would have thought it would have been lower in my body.
Oddly enough, when drinking I also had eating anxiety and got the majority of my calories from box wine. When I stopped, I lost what is now a lot of weight and I wasn't that heavy to begin with. I eat what I want and don't have the fear of choking etc I had when drinking. Booze and drugs in general really mess with your mind in ways you can't even imagine.
Take care of yourself and keep us posted!