Old 03-30-2013, 06:06 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
stopaddiction

Trent, my daughter is 22 and an alcoholic. She can't seem to kick it either. I thought she was going to when she had an eye opening DUI in Dec, but nope..she got sober and stayed that way for awhile. She was going to AA meetings, carrying that chip and reading the AA book, and swore off alcohol. She had been drinking so much she never realized she was drunk that night. When they finally got her to jail 5 hours after being arrested she still blew a .45. For goodness sakes we live in a dry county in KY. You have to drive 45 mins to get a bottle of anything. Well, I seen her go thru wds hard for 3 days, and then after a restless, teeth brushing constantly, black coffee with sugar (pot after pot each day) for the next 2 weeks..she was clean of alcohol. But, she got back with her ex, and she's back to drinking and smoking pot. She believes she can be a sociable drinker, but she can't. I hope she realizes it before she kills herself or some innocent person/family on the road. God bless, and I hope u can will yourself to beat the disease.