View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 07:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lizatola

Do y'all mind if I vent?

Ah has always had issues hearing about my friends who are sick, or have cancer, or have needs, etc. he made it very clear while with the therapist that he doesn't want to hear anymore updates about my friend and her cancer.

I am the type of person that is always willing to bring meals, walk people's dogs, get their mail, whatever especially if there is a specific need.

Anyway, one of ah's friends is seriously ill. Ah went to visit him in the hospital today and asked the wife what they needed. She said cooked meals would be nice so AH volunteered me to bring over food because he's going to be out of town this next week(I'm actually out of town myself until Monday night). He volunteered me without asking me and, quite frankly, I'm a bit perturbed. I am totally willing to help these folks even though I've only met the husband a handful of times and have never met the wife. I don't even know where they live!

I guess there's a part of me that feels some sort of injustice becaus he never cared about my friend's needs but his friends get my home cooked food? Wtf? Can you tell I'm just stumped. He kept telling me that he knows I'm busy but I can just cook extra of what I'm making at home. Seriously? I wasn't even planning on cooking this next week since he's out of town and our son's activities are during dinner so I was going to do takeout. How do I talk to him about this without starting WW3? I figure I need to drop it and I have to ask myself "how important is it?" but I really just needed to dump my frustration and I certainly didn't want to tell my son why I had to pick my jaw up off the floor. Am I out of line?