Thread: Domino's thread
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 04:24 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
TheSearcher

Hi I have been lurking on this forum for a while and I felt I should post something especially in relation to this topic. I am only about a month alcohol free so it's early days for me. I am attempting to use the avrt approach. Have did the other recovery program in the past but feel it is no longer for me.

Anyways I can emphasise with what domino is referring to. Long before I got on the booze self destruct trip I was on the bulemia one, I must add I am male. It dawned on me that I stopped by using the avrt method about 20 years ago even though at the time I did not realise it was avrt. Being brought up a Catholic I guess at the time I saw it as some type of evil spirit who wanted to destroy me. Hence the beast.

I use to feel so defeated every time I would throw up and felt in such despair. I remember one day just making a firm decision that I was not going to keep doing this no matter what. After sometime the urges stopped and my normal thinking regarding food returned. Unfortunately my experiences with alcohol have not followed the same pattern.