Old 03-28-2013, 07:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Hanna

Originally Posted by CAgirl9 View Post
Hanna - Thanks. I've talked to her about Al Ateen - she's not interested. I picked up a daily reader for her and she doesn't want to have anything to do with it.
I don't think I have a problem drinking. I have had times when I've abused it. It's not something I crave or need to have. It's not a problem for me to stop drinking.
Oh, I'd make her go, interested or not. If she believes you have a problem (and I suspect she doesn't really believe that) then she needs to educate herself about the disease.

I'm not a parent - that's important for me to say. I can say what I would do but I do that from an armchair knowing theory and reality are two different things.

How bad are things with your husband? Do the two of have any ability to communicate without manipulation and nonsense, or is he completely gone and always at odds with you?

It seems like the power dynamic in the household has shifted over to her. Not a surprise since she has two parents that are not exactly working together, but you've got to get that shifted back over to the adults. She is not ready to be in charge yet!