View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 06:18 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
bemyself

Indeed it does RR....as for me, well, despite my earnest efforts, I'm still in what SoberL calls the 'on the mat process'. If it could've been 'over in an instant'..........'OH, Blessings!'

The trouble with 'instants': well, they change. We (well, 'I', speaking only for myself) also change with them. Sometimes for the better - e.g. I had hundreds of sober days, more than drinking days, this past year and 3 months. Sometimes for the worse - I've picked up and drunk for some of those hundreds of days.

I know that many people including those here on SR have experienced those magical 'instants', after which they never drink again. Regardless of programme, technique, tips, strategies, tools etc. And of course with any or each of those things.

My instants seem to be too fleeting. Much like life itself. One minute, I'm great; next minute (literally and metaphorically), I'm not. One minute, I have no - zilch, nada, zero - wish or need to drink. The next, as it were, I do. Sometimes, I do....and other times, I don't.

It's like a friggin' Zen koan to me, and I'm the sort who'll never really accept the unknowing-ness of 'how to Be, Sober', in every instance / instant.