View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 07:18 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
heyjack

Originally Posted by imallright View Post
Welcome. You are not crazy, but addiction is crazy making. Like Ann said, you can't make sense of of this beacause the behaviors are irrational. Or something like that. I know it helps me every time I hear it. I was naive as well.... and more than once. I am not sure about the trust part. I think it comes back, but for me there is will always be better boundaries ...even it not totally effective... and I will hopefully show up for me quicker rather thinking I have the power to make it right. Hang in and keep talking.
you know you're absolutely right about the boundaries part. if there is anything that I have learned from all this is to be more direct with people and tell them no and mean it.

I've been a people pleaser the majority of my life, a by product of divorced parents, an alcoholic father and a mother that worked like crazy while I was home alone.

So if anything, I learned to not to be too soft with people, or shall I say as soft.

your last sentence is something I'm hoping for myself as well and coming here certainly has helped a ton over the past few days.
thanks