View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 09:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by boldaslove View Post
Liz, you say you had a good childhood but I find it heartbreaking. I myself struggle with abandonment issues, as I was adopted and will never know my biological father, but I was blessed with a loving set of adoptive parents. I am glad to see you working through your issues and coming into your own; you are very intelligent, successful in your previous career, and you have raised a lovely son. I hope you can continue to realize your own worth.

Speaking of my son, my AH has recently accused me of training our boy to be more like me and that he will be weak and won't succeed in life. Yet, in the same breath he'll say how bad a parent he is and how he's let us both down. UGH

As to my childhood: I 'thought' I had it good. We took vacations in Maine skiing for a week. My grandparents lived on the bay and we had sailboats. To me, it was familiar, but I didn't realize that it wasn't 'good', it just was what it was. I knew no different. So, despite the material blessings and 'things' I didn't realize what was missing until I was much older and trying as I am today, to work through my crap. Thanks for your kind words, I truly appreciate them.