Old 03-25-2013, 08:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Cc77

Hi John, if you truly believe that you are an alcoholic, sorry but there is no way to drink in a strict manner for long. I was clean for 3 yrs. I started dating a man who drank everyday. I've never seen him drunk, but everything we did involved drinking. I 'tried' to be a social drinker. I lasted 6 months without having a drink! I thought 'surely' I must be cured! Needless to say I was wrong. For the last two months of our 10 month relationship I drank everyday and I couldn't stop. I was hiding it from him and he broke up with me because of my bizzarre behavior in the evenings. I ended going to rehab for 10'days and he wants nothing to do with me because he is scared to be responsible for a relapse.. He was a good man, someone I thought that I would marry, and I screwed it ALL up with my drinking. Now I have to stay sober( which I am he'll bent on) and deal with a shattered heart caused by MY DRINKING!!! Please don't lose anything that you don't have to due to alcohol. It's not a good feeling at all. This will be the hardest thing for me to get over. I hope that my story will help you to make a decision that could save you a lot of heartache. I just care!!!