View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 03:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jiminstlouis
jiminstlouis

New to SoberRecovery but like what I see

Hi All,
Thanks for being here. This is a great place to be in between meetings and times when you feel like talking or just reading.

I was just shy of 6 years sober and relapsed...work was stressful, and I was weak and let my guard down. I had not been to meetings in years and never really did the 12 steps. I was fortunate that i'd hit bottom and it was enough to scare me sober for almost 6 years...At the beginning I'd gone to meetings, and let my Big Book gather dust. Then this time....ahhh, just a quick drink to settle nerves.......boom.....down I went for about a month....All the memories came back....buying liquor hoping people don't see me, stashing in back of liquor cabinet, trying to fool myself that I can just take little drinks to keep an even buzz through the day. We all know how it ends....constant drunk, hangover, jitters, anxiety, no sleep, .... I remember it well from 6 years ago. I WILL Not let it happen again. I have a new birthday of 3-3-13. I've been to meetings about 3x/wk...trying to find a good group, and this time a sponsor. I want to do the steps the right way. I am amazed at the Big Book and its timelessness. I signed up for Grapevine and have several other books....this time, I know I need to do it right. I'm so happy for AA and now for SoberRecovery. Thanks for being there. Jim