View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 08:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
patbrat

First of congrats to you! I always feel hopeful for anyone wanting to get off any addiction. I was taking 3-4 low dose morphine a day along with 1-3 hydro's 10's I quit cold turkey and was pretty sick for 4 days after that I slowly started to feel better. I had no other drugs to get me through it. I did however drink a lot of water and gatoraid staying hydrated that's all I really had on my stomach for about 3 days. I had nausea but no vomiting. I did have problems on the. other end for about a month. After 39 day's its starting to get back to normal for me. I started taking a probiotic with vitamins in it. and extra b12 for energy. Although it was hard I made myself get up and walk during those first few day's, it made me feel better to move. I had restless legs something terrible, and couldn't keep my hands from shaking. Fresh air and moving around really does help. But most of all I REALLY wanted this, I got tired of not feeling anything and wanted my life back! And I really got tired of being so high that I would drop my ciggaretts and burn holes in everything.....I could of really done a lot more damage than I did. I am so happy for you, and I know you can do this!! And it does get better no matter how hard it seems at first