Old 03-24-2013, 06:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
shinebright7

I am powerless over all nouns and pronouns in my life -- but I still don't like to be lied to, tricked, or mislead. I don't like to feel like someone is taking advantage of me, pulling the wool over my eyes, getting the best of me. I at least want to know the truth so I can make an informed decision about what I do.

So I can't stop those things from happening to me, but what is it in me that is reacting to the lies, manipulation, trickery, etc? Why do I care if I am lied to, or someone is sneaking around and not telling me the truth? Why do I seem so insistent in wanting honesty? What attachment or character defect is that?

Maybe there is something around that topic that I am still clinging to and thinking I have power/control over? Hmmm.

From ANN: I agree, this is an awesome post. This is quite different from how I did my Step 1, but I think I like your way even better.
THANK YOU, ANN -- Glad you have some new ways of thinking of Step 1. But now you have me curious though...how did you approach Step 1 in a different way? Can you share some of the insights that helped you live the realization of your powerlessness and how your life was unmanageable? I'd love to listen and learn.

And thanks Pianogirl! This whole month of Al Anon immersion has been quite an experience and I just hope I can stay with myself and stay out of other people's business because when I slip on that, that's when my life starts getting REALLY unmanageable. Ayi yi yi!

I feel really lucky to be a part of SR where we can share and learn from each other.