View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 01:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
losteverything

Of course I can drink....

I can drink any time I want to. No one ever said I cannot. I am of legal age, I dont wear an ankle monitoring device, I can go buy alcohol up to 11pm at night, every night. No one said I cant drink, excpet me. When it comes to drinking alcohol, the only one that matters is me. I am alcoholic, so when I am drinking, its all about me, my needs, my wants...everything. The other side rings just as true... My sobriety is all about me. Its not how long others have been sober, or how they got sober, that doesn't reflect at all on my sobriety. What matters is me...and for me, the most important thing is that I remain me, true to myself..and not deceived into not being me by ingesting alcohol. I am now 90 days alcohol free, after my last relapse, and I am so grateful for this chance again to keep true to myself, keep sober, and keep appreciating life. This really is about me, just as everyone else is about themselves, because no one else can do it but ourselves. I am learning about loving myself sober again, and I have so much thanks to give all of you wonderful people in SR land. You all have helped me by showing every alcoholic who comes onto this site understanding, compassion and patience...I can drink, but I hope I never will again...it could be my last, and because I am sober, I stopped wishing I was dead...Thanks to all the compassion that has been shown me, I am learning to be compassionate to myself... Thank you all...