View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 03:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Patiam

Soon to start my recovery.

Hello everyone. I just stumbled across this board while looking up advice for my addiction, and thought posting here would help. My drug of choice was morphine, and I've been taking it for about 7 months now. For the first 3-4 months I was only taking 1 60MG pill a day. Once my body got used to it, I started taking 2 a day. Recently I've realized just how bad my life is becoming because of this habit. I've severed all ties with the person I got my drugs from...so I have no possible way of getting more, and on monday I begin my path to getting well. I took a few weeks off work, so while I'm not going to be making very much money to support myself....at least I have a job to come back to after this is all over. I've stocked up on gatorade, multivitamins, bread, and bananas...but any more advice that will even help in the slightlist (as I know every little bit of help counts) I would be extremely appreciative. I know that I'm about to experience the hardest thing I've ever been through in my life....but I know that once its over...I'll have my life back.

Also, I'm really not sure how long I can expect the worst symptoms to last based on how long I used....but does anyone thing I'll be able to go back to work in a month? I really cant afford to take any more time off then that...