Thread: Robby's Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 10:25 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by BackToSquareOne
I know that some people quit drinking/using and claim that everything is peaches and cream, rainbows and sunshine.
I just posted in another thread about getting crap from my friends all the time about "the f*cking bluebird on my shoulder" lol

I attempted suicide (with my children in the house), was baker-acted (psych ward) then sent to treatment. Before it all went down, I was so thin people thought I had cancer and I was unable to stay at work for more than 30 minutes before being sent home. I was officially batsh*t crazy, with the papers that said so. When I came home from treatment, I literally felt like a new woman. I was a new woman. Without problems? Nope, not even close. But I didn't want to die anymore and I had a never ever before experienced sense of freedom from addiction.

Yep...I was and am one of those rainbow sh*tters.

I cry, I get frustrated, my kids drive me nuts, the job occasionally sucks, bills to pay, $ is short....but damn man, that's life. None of those things overwhelm me to the point of wanting to die...the reason? because I don't drink or get high.