View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 01:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Veritas1

Originally Posted by Jeni26 View Post
I have surrendered in as much as I know I'm powerless over alcohol, that if I were to drink one, I would end up in a dark place. The fight yesterday was against buying myself a bottle of vodka. I talked myself out of it by having some sort of internal battle in which common sense won. That time, though the feeling of wanting a drink remains. And yes, I am praying. I am asking for help with this.
Difficult...well my day was stressful as most are but I had to chair a meeting in which the staff were really unhappy at a decision made by the school ( I'm in school management, recently promoted out of the classroom) I felt I had to defend a decision which wasn't made by me, but in essence I did agree with. Dealing with a group of disgruntled and at times angry people put me way out of my comfort zone. I had to act calm and in control but I wanted to bolt out of that room and as far away from the situation as I could. I felt intimidated and out of my depth I guess. Today I dealt with the fallout from that meeting.
Wavering...because I'm not strong and resolute like I have been for months, and that scares me. I'm worried because I'm not at all confident that I won't drink this weekend.
Jeni, I bought the bottle of vodka for you on this last time drinking.

I thought I could drink vodka and orange juice...

Jeni, I got drunk. I got sick.

You don't have to feel that way.

No one does.

A drink...a drunk...is not the answer.

Hugs Jeni! Don't drink Jeni!